Tuesday 8 September 2015

Jsp cannot be accessed after installing RPS3 patch for Oracle EBS 12.1.3

 

After installing RPS3 (Recommended patch set) for Oracle EBS 12.1.3 (Patch number 20203366) , some JSP files no longer can be accessed from browser.

We are talking mostly about custom JSP files.

After logs investigation I found the following error 

JspServlet: unable to dispatch to requested page: Exception:java.lang.IllegalStateException: Writer already retrieved

I opened the JSP file and found that there is a code :

response.getWriter()

I suspected that it may be the root cause of the problem. So instead of using  response.getWriter() I just used out variable that you get for “free” in JSP.

I mean instead of:

response.getWriter().println(“Hello”)

just use

out.println(“Hello”)

Recompile the JSP, restart adoacore.ctl and the problem is gone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment